About the SPRC
SABIC Polymer Research Center (SPRC) is an interdisciplinary research and education center supported by SABIC and located at the College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh. The center is devoted towards the advancement of polymer science and engineering education and research in Saudi Arabia. The center also provides technical service and expertise to cater to the needs of the local polymer industry. The principal thrust of the center is to carry out advance research for enhancing the fundamental knowledge, developing new polymer materials and train our students to meet the local industrial manpower requirements.
To be a recognized as a site of excellence that provides a superior quality of education and research to the polymer community in the region.
SPRC will provide education and research that enrich the polymer community.
SPRC will prepare and train individuals to provide the polymer community with a qualified work force.
SPRC will conduct a high caliber original and applicable research to support the polymer community.
SPRC will provide the polymer industry with a cost effective and timely technical service.
- Optimize and improve processing efficiency.
- Develop polymeric compounds for specific applications and processes.
- Help local processors doing their work more profitably.
- Act as a provider of quality research and development to interested industry associates.
- Train scientists and engineers to cater to the demands of the polymer industry.
- Enable local students to conduct research at the research center.
- Conduct high quality research that will contribute and enrich the global scientific research.
- Cooperate with the polymer industry to improve the material processing and products.
- Train personnel of the polymer industry on the fundamentals of polymer science and engineering and help them advance their careers.
- Promote a deeper understanding of polymers, their processing and characterization among the polymer industry professionals.
- Provide hands on training to the polymer industry community.
- Offer technical service and expertise to the polymer industry in the field of materials characterizations.
- Improve polymer processing and related fields that affect the bottom line of our industrial partners.
- Support the cooperation between the university, the private sector and public sector institutions in achieving the common goals.